Part of an enjoyable experience while travelling is to taste a bit of the local atmosphere. And the best one is definitely felt among friendly locals in cafés, bars, pubs or beautiful gardens. Here are some of our favorite places:
The best mornings must start with quality coffee.
- Origo is the place to stop if you feel like escaping the overcrowded city center. Located in a quiet part of Lipscani street no 9, this small place and the staff’s big smiles will sure revive your morning.
- M60 with their Finnish inspired design (Mendeleev Street, no 2) is perfect for co-working or taking your personal moment to write your thoughts about our tours;
- Frudisiac is located in the north part of the city, on Intrarea Bitolia Street, no 4, and it too has a Scandinavian inspired look that we love!
If you opt for a midday snack or a proper lunch, it’s a must to be surrounded by green, refreshing venues with beautiful gardens, that will welcome you and make you feel cozy.
- Gradina Verona is one of our favorites for their delicious lemonades and soothing music, but mainly because of their location, on Arthur Verona Street, a street full of graffiti and street-art.
- Yardinni the newest restaurant in Cismigiu Park area, brings a bit of the park’s ambiance in their own garden on Stirbei Voda 84A.
- J’ai Bistrot, on Grivitei Street no 55, is a bit far from the city center, but close to the train station. It’s worth going there to lay out your hammock, or use their own or just grab one of their sandwiches while reading your favorite book.
- Eden or the place where aristocracy can still be felt, welcomes the garden and bistro, on the historical domain of Stirbey family palace, right on Victoriei Street no 107.
- Bar A1 on Amzei Square no. 1, gathers wine and beer aficionados in equal amounts. And for a real culinary surprise try Mahmoud’s Eggs – a breakfast dish served all day long.
Start the night off with various cocktails at Bicicleta, on Selari Street no 2 and continue with a taste of alternative culture in Control Club, on Constantin Mille no 4. Their outside garden is perfect for enjoying hot summer nights and the inside halls provide all different types of music.
Featured image source: www.restograf.ro/ Control Club